Monday, September 3, 2012

Eastern Curtain - Update

I'm about 60% complete with Part 1 of the EC and will probably wrap up the current chapter (5) tomorrow.  Jake and the gang are taking a break for a while, but they will be back in Part 2 or 3. 

I've tried to narrow down the Point of Views (POV) and story arcs so that there is not quite as much going on at once.  Part 1 only has the border, the governor and some things going on at the federal level.  I just introduced a new character in chapter 5 - I think the character will allow me to flesh out Barrett and Alex somewhat.

All in all, I am pretty satisfied with where the story is going but have not been trying to hammer it out as quick as the WF.  One thing I am considering is changing the name of book 2.  The Eastern Curtain was kind of a working title and I think I have a better name that applies more to what will be going on in at least Part 1 and 2.  Will let you know the name soon and maybe we'll have a vote on it; as with all good elections, you can write in a title if you have a better one and I would give you credit in the book if I choose yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment