Saturday, January 26, 2013

Behind the Scenes: NotN - Chapter 1

Well I guess I'm back on a roll.  Finished Chapter 1 up today.  It's good, maybe a little different than other books in the series, at least to me.  I'm trying to make some adjustments to my writing style based on feedback from those who are wiser than I.  Shorter sentences, less semicolons, etc.  I'm also trying to flesh out some of the characters more, while still retaining the action.

Anyway, here's the setting for Chapter 1:

I may go back and give you some maps and photos from the previous books.  The abandoned city in the intro to Kratocracy is particularly cool.  I tried to capture its essence; maybe I'll put up some pics next week.

2 comments:

  1. Where is this? I see I-10.
    Papa Mike
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just west of here is where Cash sang about: layin in the hot joint, takin the pill, when in walked the sheriff from Jericho hill...

    ReplyDelete