Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pulse Chaser, New Chapters

Some updates to the Pulse Chaser Page.  A chapter or 2 has been added, and I've made some minor revisions throughout. 

Pulse Chaser is odd in that it is my most unplotted story yet.  In the Western Front series, I always had a very vague general outline drafted (usually in bullet form).  Even in NotN where I spent the least time plotting and though I may have had a an overall idea of how the story "should" end, I had no idea what would happen in between and how that ending would actually look. 

The Blighted had even less plotting (In a deserted area, forced out and into New Orleans, escape - that was basically all I knew from the start.  I filled the details in as I went.).

With Pulse Chaser, however, I have NO idea where this story is going to go at all.  All I know is the chapter I'm writing and maybe the following chapter.  It is a frustrating (I like having SOME sort of plan), but it is a fun way to write since I get to enjoy the story as I create it, rather than regurgitating notes.

Anyway, I think I am becoming an anti-plotter, which could be interesting.

I'm currently at 26,000 words.  I don't know how long the book will be (usually I am able to give a pretty accurate % complete, but not this time...), but I'm guessing it should come in between 40 and 50,000 words. 

2 comments:

  1. 50k words? Will that be your longest work? But I'm looking forward the complete work.
    Papa Mike
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Western Front (Parts 1-3) was 80. Krato and NotN were both 50.

    For a novel, 50 is short. Most are 80-100, but some, such as the Great Gatsby are around 50. HG Wells Time Machine was the length of the Blighted - around 30.




    ReplyDelete